Monday, May 30, 2016

Welcome!

Hey, everybody! I enjoy following the trends of pop music, and I have read multiple blogs that talk about one of the well-known thresholds of music that gets shared out there today, the Sirius XM Hits 1 Weekend Countdown that plays every Saturday and Sunday. In it, Spyder Harrison takes the 45 most Whatchuwanted voted for songs and plays them back to back. Most of the songs on it tend to be songs that are hits, such as on the Billboard Hot 100, but there are always a handful of songs you'll see there that never get their chance to appear there. As I said, I've seen multiple blogs that recap this countdown, and since I like this trend, I figured, hey, may as well get into it too. I also might post other stuff, such as Billboard related subjects, or occasional reviews of certain songs. But the main thing this is for is the countdown. Here's the formatting order I'll be using:

1. Prelude
2. Leaving songs
3. The countdown
4. Entrant reviews
5. Blurbs
6. Hit-Bound*
7. My Top 5 Picks

* Hit-Bound won't appear on every entry, and I don't do the Hits and Misses or YouTube15 because I don't get that extensive. But I will try to talk about the countdown as much as I can.

And when I review the countdown, I use a color code to illustrate what I think of the songs. So, just as a reference, here is the color code. I'll be using the same standard one by most other bloggers in this vein.
Purple = My favorite song on the countdown
Green = Love the song and thoroughly welcome its presence
Blue = Like the song, don't love it but I don't mind it either
Pink = Song is close to getting old, some of its appeal may remain but not as much
Yellow = Song is old and has basically lost its appeal
Turquoise = Song is really old and needs to leave or I'll hate it
Red = Hate the song and do not want it around
Orange = My least favorite song on the countdown
Dark green = No real opinion on the song

So I'll try to do what I can when it comes to this blog and keep it updated. That being said, I'm not the best at being consistent, but I'll try to make it fun. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment