Thursday, March 16, 2017

March 11, 2017 - Ed Sheeran (5)


Hey guys! Sorry this is late, but I haven't felt very motivated recently, and we've had a lot going on in the past few days, between being away, the snow and all, and having a new computer that requires getting used to. Anyway, Kid Kelly hosted this weekend's countdown. Some people don't like how he talks fast, but I like his enthusiasm. There was some alright activity here, and there were some sudden jumps. But things happened, that's for sure. So without further ado, here are the songs leaving us this week.
  • Guys My Age by Hey Violet (#39)
The Countdown!
Last Week’s #1 Song: Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran
45. Love Me Now by John Legend (#41)
44. After The Afterparty by Charli XCX (#42)
43. Unsteady by X Ambassadors (#44)
42. Words by Daya (#45)
41. Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay (#37)
40. Love On The Brain by Rihanna (#21)
39. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars (#34)
38. Miss You by James Hersey (debut)
37. Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara (#30)
36. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur (#29)
35. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake with Justin Bieber (#43)
34. This Town by Niall Horan (#32)
33. Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran (#35)
32. Make Me (Cry) by Noah Cyrus featuring Labrinth (#26)
31. Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk (#38)
30. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5 (#22) (three weeks at #1)
29. The Greatest by Sia featuring Kendrick Lamar (#31)
28. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (#28) (two weeks at #1)
27. All Time Low by Jon Bellion (#27)
26. Issues by Julia Michaels (#17)
25. Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco (#33)
24. Side To Side by Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj (#23)
23. Heavydirtysoul by Twenty-one Pilots (#24)
22. Stay by Zedd featuring Alessia Cara (#36)
21. Weak by AJR (#40)
20. Paris by The Chainsmokers (#14)
19. Heavy by Linkin Park featuring Kiiara (#18)
18. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd (#4) (four weeks at #1)
17. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk (#12)
16. Cold by Maroon 5 (#13)
15. It Ain't Me by Kygo featuring Selena Gomez (#19)
14. Heathens by Twenty-one Pilots (#15) (two weeks at #1)
13. I Got You by Bebe Rexha (#16)
12. Play That Song by Train (#20)
11. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello (#8)
10. Water Under The Bridge by Adele (#5)
9. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars (#10)
8. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga (#11)
7. Closer by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey (#3) (eight weeks at #1)
6. Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley (#9)
5. Just Hold On by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson (#25)
4. HandClap by Fitz And The Tantrums (#7)
3. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift (#6)
2. Mercy by Shawn Mendes (#2)
#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Stressed Out by Twenty-one Pilots (third of five weeks at #1)
1. Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran (#1) (fifth week at #1)

Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Love On The Brain by Rihanna (-19)


Biggest Jump Of The Week: Just Hold on by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson (+20)


New Entrants

- Our one entrant this week comes in Miss You by James Hersey. I don't really have a lot to say about this song, there's not much that sets it apart from the other tropical house songs that we've been flooded with. I guess it sounds kinda cool, and the lyrical content is alright, the whole "I'll miss you" aspect, hence the title. I kinda like it right now, but I doubt I'll remember it after it leaves.

I'm Gonna Blurb You When You're Gone
- While I know that Adrian is definitely pleased over the departure of Guys My Age, I didn't really care all that much. It wasn't a song that I would pay money to listen to whenever, but it wasn't something that made my ears scream for mercy or desperately make me want to change the station. I don't know how many people heard Melanie Martinez, who well over half the people who I've seen discuss this one compared it to, seeing as her songs have never charted, but I guess I wasn't as weirded out by this as those people were.

- Before introducing After The Afterparty, Kid Kelly talked about how Charli XCX mentioned "how F'ing hard it is to make music", then Kid Kelly remarked that "F" is for "family friendly", and that she needs to chill out. Yeah, maybe she should start by getting this darn song out of here.


- Speaking of Adrian, some of you may notice that I've had Hymn For The Weekend in green from the beginning. I'm just gonna say right now, aside from me finding the song solid on its own, I've kept it in green, and not "old but I still like it", just for him. So yeah, don't count on this being pink or even blue anytime soon, either.

- Seems like Love On The Brain is gonna follow the path of Work before it in getting the short treatment here despite being big elsewhere. I definitely don't think it's among Rihanna's best, but I don't mind either way.

- Before introducing 24K Magic, Kid Kelly talked about how Bruno Mars likes to go about what he wants to make, including how he doesn't want to be offensive, even if it means getting a paycheck for his work... Sure, that explains why he gets as abrasive as he does in his new stuff, right? But I don't care. He was sad to see it drop. Don't worry, Kelly, so am I.

- Before introducing Let Me Love You, Kid Kelly mentioned how Ed Sheeran was drunk and accidentally whacked Justin Bieber in the head with a golf club. Darn it, well some would say that he deserved it, contrary to what the kid believes here. Also, fun fact: while my dad and I were en route to Washington DC on Saturday, we were listening to 93.7 WSTW, and their Top 25 countdown was playing. And the DJ said that DJ Snake said that he uses his voice and pitches it for the drops. That explains it.

- So while Stay was playing, I noticed that it had the cover of Stay The Night, Zedd's late 2013 single with Hayley Williams. Come on Hits 1, get your research right! At least it had a double digit jump from its debut, so that's nice at least.

- And right next to it was another song that debuted alongside it, with Weak, nearly having the biggest jump. That is pretty unusual.


- Before introducing I Feel It Coming, Kid Kelly talked about how The Weeknd bumped into his ex, Bella Hadid, at a fashion show in Paris. How about that? Anyway, it took a small drop, but I hope this isn't on its way out so soon.


- During the third 4-1-1 Recap (before I Got You), I heard that Taylor Swift had a stalker who was arrested after he was reported on the roof of her penthouse and ringing her doorbell. Yikes! Dude got what he deserved, at least.


- And on that note, if I didn't say last week, I have indeed grown into I Got You. Remember how I said when it debuted that I had it closer to red than green? Well, that definitely changed! It might not last to the end for me, though, and the song is close to peaking from what I hear, but we'll see on both accounts.


- Before introducing Just Hold On, Kid Kelly mentioned how Louis Tomlinson was arrested after a bad run-in with a photographer. Dang! Well, that's what happens when you're famous. Anyway, out of absolutely nowhere, it had the biggest jump of the week, right into the Top 5. This would've been more fitting the week that they hosted, haha. I'm not necessarily complaining, but it's odd alright.

- So today, I was watching one of my favorite YouTube Lets Playerss in his newest episode... He was chatting with one of his guests from Patreon, discussing a bunch of things. One of them being how his wife dragged him to see Fifty Shades of Grey, which he answered as the most overrated movie series out in recent times and said it may legitimately be the worst movie he's ever seen, even comparing it to the Twilight series. I don't know if he was referring to the original, with Love Me Like You Do and Earned It, or this new one with I Don't Wanna Live Forever, but either way it doesn't surprise me.

As for Hit-Bound, we have but one new entrant: Swalla by Jason Derulo featuring Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign. I'll say, the song's pretty weird, but I kinda like it.

Top 20 Breakdown:
0 — Shit:
20. Play That Song by Train
19. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd

1 — Bad:
18. Cold by Maroon 5
17. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello

2 — Meh:
None!

3 — Decent:
16. Heavy by Linkin Park featuring Kiiara
15. Closer by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey

4 — Good:
14. Mercy by Shawn Mendes
13. Paris by The Chainsmokers
12. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga
11. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift

5 — Great:
10. I Got You by Bebe Rexha
9. It Ain't Me by Kygo featuring Selena Gomez
8. HandClap by Fitz And The Tantrums
7. Heathens by Twenty-one Pilots
6. Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley
5. Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran
4. Just Hold on by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson
3. Water Under The Bridge by Adele
2. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars

6 ― Favorite Song Bonus:
1. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk

Countdown Bottom 5

1. Make Me (Cry) by Noah Cyrus featuring Labrinth
2. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5
3. Play That Song by Train
4. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes
5. After The Afterparty by Charli XCX

Countdown Top 5

1. Tie: Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran
1. Tie: I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
3. Love Me Now by John Legend
4. Heavydirtysoul by Twenty-one Pilots
5. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars

Most Missed Song: Team by Lorde - Guess why this is my pick for this one.


Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: When We Were Young by Adele


Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago:

No by Meghan Meghans — Both my and Adrian's least favorite song from Hits 1's final Top 45, and for good reason. When a fictional video game character can make a better kiss-off in two words than you can with an entire song, you know there's a problem. The most interesting thing about the song was how Meghan herself guest hosted the week it debuted.

QOTD: On a scale of 1 to 10, how mad do you think you would have been if Uptown Funk had joined or broken the record of 32 weeks in the Top 10 back in 2015 initially held by How Do I Live? Me, probably a 2.


Thanks for reading, everybody!

45 comments:

  1. 1. Do you like the SeeB remix of HFTW better or not? I like the original more, and it is one of my most missed songs this week.
    2. Is blue supposed to be good or decent?
    3. Why are your posts out late instead of on Saturdays? I'm not trying to be rude.
    QOTD: 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Would you rate Make Me (Cry) a -1 if it debuts in the top 20?
    2. If Closer does break the record for How Do I Live, will it be in red next week?
    3. Assuming 1 is really mad for QOTD: 5 (Uptown Funk: 9.6/10, How Do I Live, 9.5/10)

    Top 5 Review:
    1. 9.2/10 (great)
    2. 10.0/10 (great)
    3. 9.4/10 (great)
    4. 9.9/10 (great)
    5. 9.0/10 (good)

    Bottom 5 Review
    1. 10.0/10 (great)
    2. 9.1/10 (great)
    3. 1.1/10 (garbage)
    4. 4.6/10 (mediocre)
    5. 9.2/10 (great)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I love that song.
      2. Closer sucks!!!
      3. I hate Uptown Funk! and I don't know How Do I Live.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Who is this Let's Player you say?

    On a scale of 1 to 10 how mad were you when you heard Closer beat Uptown Funk for most weeks in the top 10? And how mad would you be if it broke How Do I Live's record?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, Please delete every single one of Chase's comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miles, please stop telling Scott what to do.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Nope, it's still me who deleted my comment.

      Delete
    4. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! GO THE FUCK AWAY!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    7. Yes you fucking will ,because you're either a fucking retard, or a fucking ass who's never really sorry!!!!!

      Delete
    8. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    9. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. How about you fucking leave as well?!?!

      Delete
    12. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    13. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    14. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    15. Chase, please stop telling him what to do.

      Delete
    16. You do have autism, Chase. I'm not autistic.

      Delete
    17. DO WHAT MILES JUST SAID AND FUCKING SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    18. Stop telling him to calm down Chase, that's unnecessary.

      Delete
    19. WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    20. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Scott, do something about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott, Don't Wanna Know is that bad? Give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete