Saturday, December 24, 2016

December 24, 2016 - Hailee Steinfeld + Grey + Zedd (2)


Hey guys, I am so sorry that my A Year In Review page still isn't out, I've been super busy but plan to get it out before the end of the year. But we'll see. But onto this round. That's right, double duty today, on Christmas Eve no less. But I did post my final thoughts on Hits 1's final Top 45 of the year a few hours ago, so check that out. And I have a lot to take care of, so don't be surprised if this seems brief. To make it quick, we have quality going around... Except some of it isn't the place that it should be, at least to me. There are no songs leaving us this week, which isn't surprising at the very end of the year, so let’s go.

The Countdown!

Last Week’s #1 Song: Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd
45. My Way by Calvin Harris (#44)
44. Girls Talk Boys by 5 Seconds of Summer (#45)
43. Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers featuring Daya (#37) (three weeks at #1)
42. Body Moves by DNCE (#41)
41. Let Me Love You by DJ Snake with Justin Bieber (#20)
40. Setting The World On Fire by Kenny Chesney featuring P!nk (#43)
39. I Took a Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner (#42) (two weeks at #1)
38. Fresh Eyes by Andy Grammer (#38)
37. Cheap Thrills by Sia featuring Sean Paul (#35)
36. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) by Adele (#40) (one week at #1)
35. Can't Stop the Feeling! by Justin Timberlake (#36) (ten weeks at #1)
34. Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya (#27)
33. I Hate U, I Love U by gnash featuring Olivia O'Brien (#34)
32. Cold Water by Major Lazer featuring Justin Bieber and MØ (#30)
31. Ride by Twenty-one Pilots (#31)
30. Just Hold On by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson (#39)
29. Love Me Now by John Legend (#32)
28. After The Afterparty by Charli XCX (#33)
27. Good Grief by Bastille (#25)
26. That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony (#24)
25. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur (#23)
24. Chase You Down by Runaground (#28)
23. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga (#29)
22. Green Light by Pitbull featuring LunchMoney Lewis and Flo Rida (#16)
21. Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay (#21)
20. Into You by Ariana Grande (#22)
19. The Greatest by Sia featuring Kendrick Lamar (#18)
18. Unsteady by X Ambassadors (#18)
17. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift (#26)
16. Kids by OneRepublic (#17)
15. All Time Low by Jon Bellion (#15)
14. Play That Song by Train (#14)
13. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars (#13)
12. Water Under The Bridge by Adele (#12)
11. Side To Side by Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj (#11)
10. Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco (#9)
9. Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk (#6)
8. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes (#10) (two weeks at #1)
7. Heathens by Twenty-one Pilots (#6) (one week at #1)
6. In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha (#8)
5. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5 (#5)
4. Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara (#4)
3. This Town by Niall Horan (#3)
2. Closer by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey (#2) (eight weeks at #1)
Top 5 This Week One Year Ago: 5. Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon
4. Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift
3. Ex's and Oh's by Elle King
2. On My Mind by Ellie Goulding
#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Hello by Adele (7th of 12 weeks at #1)
1. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd (#1) (second annoying week at #1)

Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Let Me Love You by DJ Snake with Justin Bieber (-21)


Biggest Jump Of The Week: Tie between Just Hold On by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson and I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift (+9)


Happy Blurb-idays!

- Ouch. While Let Me Love You I have been getting tired of, I didn't think this big a drop was coming.

- Before introducing Setting The World On Fire, Spyder said something about how she posted a mostly naked picture of herself with her daughter Willow holding her baby bump saying "the snuggle is real". Snuggle = struggle? Get it? Kinda funny.


- Before introducing Send My Love (To Your New Lover), Spyder went through a long list of acts who were on Carpool Karaoke with James Corden. I didn't mention this last week, but I watched the one with Bruno Mars and that was epic fun. I should learn more about this show.


- I figured that Just Hold On by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson would jump from its debut last week. The small jump is no surprise for this time of year.


- Before introducing Love Me Now, Spyder talked about how John Legend was recognized for his contribution to the new movie La La Land, which many are saying could win Best Picture at the Oscars. I really want to see that movie. It looks fun!


- Before introducing That's My Girl, Spyder briefly talked about how Camilla Cabello has finally left Fifth Harmony. I know that many are rejoicing, but I feel like people exaggerate how bad she supposedly is. Kinda funny that I say that despite hating this song for different reasons.


- There was also I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift, which I thought would jump more than it did, because I heard it several times throughout the week. But again, this is a slow time.


- Before introducing Kids, Spyder mentioned how Ryan Tedder considers All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey to be hands down the best Christmas song of the past ten years. The song technically released in the 90's, but it's definitely a classic.


- There were a few songs that, as a substitution for guest DJ spots, had people saying hello and happy holiday greetings, but then Spyder would introduce the songs.

- The entire seventh and final set of five held their positions from last week (thank you, holiday weekend). On that note, as you can see, I have kinda grown into All Time Low by Jon Bellion. This might last, it might not. Meanwhile, Play That Song by Train is just doing nothing right now and I can guarantee that it'll be red very soon.


- Sure, Adrian, you think I care that your least favorite song on the countdown is my favorite? By all means, put 24K Magic by Bruno Mars in orange for as long as you want. You're not gonna make me like it any less! ;D


- Very nice to see In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha continue its upward progression. I know that its odds at #1 are super unlikely, but I'd be pleased if it makes the Top 5.


- I'm not surprised about our #1 holding there, but I'm still not happy about it. The only good thing about it is that I get to search for a nice picture of Hailee Steinfeld and her duo, which is a plus. Bleh, though.


As for Hit-Bound, long story short, Love Like We Used To by Captain Cuts re-entered, and we've got one new entrant - Hallelujah by Pentatonix, a cover of the same song by Leonard Cohen, who died just weeks after its release. 


Top 20 Breakdown:

0 — Shit:
20. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd
19. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5
18. Unsteady by X Ambassadors

1 — Bad:

17. Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes

2 — Meh:

16. Play That Song by Train

3 — Decent:

15. This Town by Niall Horan
14. Closer by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey

4 — Good:

13. Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco
12. All Time Low by Jon Bellion
11. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift
10. The Greatest by Sia featuring Kendrick Lamar

5 — Great:

9. Side To Side by Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj
8. Heathens by Twenty-one Pilots
7. Into You by Ariana Grande
6. Kids by OneRepublic
5. Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara
4. Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
3. Water Under The Bridge by Adele
2. In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha
1. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars

Overall score: 70/100


Countdown Bottom 5

1. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd
2. Sit Still, Look Pretty by Daya
3. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5
4. That's My Girl by Fifth Harmony
5. Unsteady by X Ambassadors

Countdown Top 5

1. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars
2. In The Name Of Love by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha
3. Water Under The Bridge by Adele
4. Love Me Now by John Legend
5. Good Grief by Bastille

Most Missed Song: Boom Clap by Charli XCX


Favorite Countdown Song From This Week One Year Ago: Something Better by Audien featuring Lady Antebellum - Yes, this is a new addition that I'm adding that many are using. And even if I wasn't as avid a countdown follower a year ago I still remember the songs from then.


#1 Recommendation For Hits 1 And The Countdown: Diggy by Spencer Ludwig - I hear this song on Venus a lot and it's one I'd like to see here.


Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago:

Stressed Out by Twenty-one Pilots — I basically said everything I needed to the past couple months and the year-end page.
One Call Away by Charlie Puth — Sorry Charlie, but you really are no Superman. Is that phone of yours out of date?
Fun fact: both these songs were #1s. Sorry if I said like nothing for them, but I'll have words for them very soon when I do my Year-End Hot 100 piece.

Stay tuned for my A Year In Review page, and my top songs of the year and the Year-End Hot 100 piece too. I'll get those once I finally stop being lazy. Thanks for reading, everybody!

9 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to like Diggy. It's perfect for you, and it has already spent 3 weeks at #1 on my chart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do alright. It's got a kind of 70's or 90's feel to it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. STSTUPID IDOEUJWHJFqewWJUIUIIOIET!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. My post is finally out as well!

    http://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2016/12/hailee-steinfeld-2-week-of-december-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also released hits 1's top 45 songs of 2016:

    http://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2016/12/twenty-one-pilots-hits-1s-top-45-songs-of-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, wrong link:

    http://siriusxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2016/12/twenty-one-pilots-hits-1s-top-45-songs.html

    ReplyDelete