Friday, May 12, 2017

May 6, 2017 - Zedd + Alessia Cara (1)


So this will be a condensed post since there wasn't much going on at all and this post is already late as is. As many others have said, there really wasn't a lot to this week, but at least we have an interesting new #1, which I'm happy to take. Aside from that, there's not really a lot that happened for me to really discuss. I didn't even listen to the full countdown, so you can tell that I'm behind in getting this out. There are no songs leaving us this week, so let’s go.

The Countdown!
Last Week’s #1 Song: Paris by The Chainsmokers
45. Love On The Brain by Rihanna (#45)
44. Miss You by James Hersey (#43)
43. Million Reasons by Lady Gaga (#42)
42. Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley (#44)
41. This Town by Niall Horan (#38)
40. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk (#39)
39. Water Under The Bridge by Adele (#40)
38. Side To Side by Ariana Grande featuring Nicki Minaj (#41)
37. Sign Of The Times by Harry Styles (#36)
36. Don't Leave by Snakehips featuring MO (#37)
35. Lights Down Low by MAX featuring gnash (#26)
34. 24K Magic by Bruno Mars (#32)
33. Heavydirtysoul by Twenty-one Pilots (#21)
32. All Time Low by Jon Bellion (#34)
31. Just Hold On by Steve Aoki featuring Louis Tomlinson (#31)
30. Now Or Never by Halsey (#30)
29. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd (#35) (four weeks at #1)
28. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello (#28)
27. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5 (#27) (three weeks at #1)
26. There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes (#29)
25. Cake by Flo Rida featuring 99 Percent (#20)
24. I Don't Wanna Live Forever by Zayn Malik and Taylor Swift (#24)
23. HandClap by Fitz And The Tantrums (#23)
22. All Night by The Vamps featuring Matoma (#17)
21. Play That Song by Train (#19)
20. Attention by Charlie Puth (#33)
19. The Cure by Lady Gaga (#25)
18. Weak by AJR (#22)
17. Slide by Calvin Harris featuring Frank Ocean and Migos (#16)
16. Heavy by Linkin Park featuring Kiiara (#15)
15. Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay (#18)
14. L.A. Devotee by Panic! At The Disco (#11)
13. Issues by Julia Michaels (#14)
12. Cold by Maroon 5 (#13)
11. Rockabye by Clean Bandit featuring Sean Paul and Anne-Marie (#12)
10. Believer by Imagine Dragons (#9)
9. Closer by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey (#10) (eight weeks at #1)
8. Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur (#5)
7. It Ain't Me by Kygo featuring Selena Gomez (#8)
6. Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran (#7) (one week at #1)
5. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars (#6) (one week at #1)
4. Mercy by Shawn Mendes (#3)
3. Paris by The Chainsmokers (#1) (one week at #1)
2. Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran (#2) (nine weeks at #1)
#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Cake By The Ocean by DNCE (third of four weeks at #1)
1. Stay by Zedd featuring Alessia Cara (#4) (first week at #1)

Biggest DRRRRRRROP!!! Of The Week: Heavydirtysoul by Twenty-one Pilots (-12)

Biggest Jump Of The Week: Attention by Charlie Puth (+13)


There will not be any blurbs so I can get this post out quick. Sorry for the inconvenience, everybody.

Likewise, we have two Hit-Bound debuts: I'm The One by DJ Khaled with Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper and Slow Hands by Niall Horan. They'll both probably be debuting tomorrow, so I'll save my words for them then.


Countdown Bottom 5
1. Don't Wanna Know by Maroon 5
2. Starving by Hailee Steinfeld and Grey featuring Zedd
3. Play That Song by Train
4. Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camila Cabello
5. Cold by Maroon 5

Countdown Top 5
1. Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay
2. The Cure by Lady Gaga
3. That's What I Like by Bruno Mars
4. I Feel It Coming by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
5. Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran


Favorite Countdown Song This Week One Year Ago: I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner

Songs That Debuted This Week One Year Ago: None. Also, this is the third year in a row where the first countdown in May has had no exits.

QOTD: With the album and video having dropped, do you think Sign of The Times will stick around and become a real hit? I may have said before, but I predict it'll end up more in the vein that Drag Me Down did in 2015 in debuting high but then going erratic from there.

Thanks for reading, everybody!

12 comments:

  1. Yes I agree that is the third year in a row that the first week of May has no exits or entrants because it happened on May 2,2015 May 7, 2016 and this year last week on May 6, 2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Jidenna - Bambi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No.

      #1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Nav - Myself

      Delete
    2. Please stop Parker, that song is ugly right now, unless it gets popular.

      Delete
    3. You stop. Myself IS popular, because it's in Rap Caviar and it's getting spins on my local hip hop station.

      Delete
  3. I know I said this last post but I'll say it again if you are interested:

    I suggest you should vote for my 2016 Hits 1 Year-End List rankdown. If you don't want to vote, it's up to you. But if you've participated in a Song Wars before, you'll like this too. It would be more fun if there were more votes, so I suggest you vote if you want. I currently have 7 votes, including myself. The form closes in 4 days, and here is the link:
    https://goo.gl/forms/8nJ3Lox8liGXG9QR2

    If you need a little more time, you can tell me and I'll give you more time. And also, off-topic, but lol at the post on Pulse Music Boards where you mentioned Parker's real name and everyone was like "Who the heck is Parker?" :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see that, but I've been occupied with quite a bit so I haven't gotten around to checking that out.

      And yeah that did catch my attention that people didn't know who Parker was :P

      Delete
    2. Just pushed the deadline for submitting to next Tuesday, which is 2 days later, and 5 days from today. So if you would like to vote you have 2 extra days.

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor

    Bring back Versace on the Floor please!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until it's a single, then it's a better time to recommend it.

      Delete